2012 Global Summit
Diabetes Continues to be a Global Dilemma
Healthcare providers from around the world will share their latest scientific data on treatments and research for diabetes and its interaction with other morbid diseases at the 2012 Global Diabetes Summit, November 14-17, 2012.
In addition to a scientific event for healthcare professionals, the last day of the summit includes a community event for the general public.
The second Global Diabetes Summit will once again be sponsored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Diabetes Research Center and will follow the theme “New Horizons in Diabetes: Genetics to Personalized Health Care.” It will bring international diabetes experts together to present the latest seminal outcomes in diabetes research and formulate an interdisciplinary road map for prevention of diabetes, as well as detection and treatment of the disease.
Who should attend the Summit?
- Family medicine specialists
- Endocrinology specialists
- Obstetrics/gynecology specialists
- Cardiovascular medicine specialists
- Nurse practitioners
- Diabetes educators
A tentative agenda of Summit topics and speakers can be viewed by clicking here. The agenda will be updated as speakers and topics are finalized. Please bookmark this page to check back for updates.
$350 OSU Affiliated Physician - 30% off (you must present proof of affiliation)
$245 OSU Affiliated Nurses, Residents and Fellows - 30% off (you must present proof of affiliation)
$250 ONE DAY - Thursday (Nov 15)
$250 ONE DAY - Friday (Nov 16)
$175 ONE DAY - Saturday (Nov 17)
$75 Student (you must present a student ID at registration)
Policy regarding One Day Registrations - If you purchase a one day registration and choose to attend the full conference at a later date, you may upgrade to a Full Conference registration by contacting the OSU CCME office at 614-293-3576. Your credit card will be charged the difference. Registration downgrades (from a Full Conference registration to a One Day registration) are prohibited.
On the last day of the Summit – November 17 – a community event will be held for healthcare professionals and the general public. The format of this event will include:
- Panel discussions on diabetes in special population groups
- Workshops on various topics such as glucose sensors; diabetes and obesity in young people; healthy cooking classes and physical activity classes, such as line dancing, zumba, tai chi, exercise balls and bands and chair exercises
- Self-care sessions that allow one-on-one question and answer time
There will also be a health exposition that will include a variety of screenings and vendors. An agenda of the Community Diabiates Program can be viewed by clicking here. Please bookmark this page for future reference.
The following organizations are partnering with the the Diabetes Research Center to assist in organizing and promoting the Summit as well as recruiting presenters and participants.
- International Diabetes Federation (IDF)
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)